Friday, July 19, 2013

Dysautonomia pushed me down the stairs!


Dysautonomia pushed me down the stairs!
 
No! For realz!!!!!
I am serious I had a fainting spell fell down my stairs and broke my left wrist apparently broke it pretty bad but it was a clean break. 
Like that makes the pain better!?! What did I worry about, in the moment? 
I worried about my grandmother's bracelets seriously only someone that has worked in an ER can understand why I made sure to pull them off before being rushed to the hospital. 
So now with the boot on my foot and a cast on my hand and ready to take on dysautonomia!

I believe in being private.! You say yeah right! Your writing on a blog and sharing your information on social media. But I'm sharing what I choose to share. There's a level that I've seen in my life of being private that is so on healthy. To the point where people even die alone without anyone ever knowing anything about. I don't want to be one of those people. I want to try to find the balance. I have no idea what that looks like so if you're expecting final conclusions it will not be here. ( check out www.ted.com because that is an awesome place for final talks.) But when something as serious as an autonomic nervous system dysfunction comes to visit and doesn't leave you alone! 

Or better yet the doctors make you feel so helpless you want to hit your head against the wall!
My theory is you have to talk about it and some of it might be with the therapist, over coffee, whatever but for me there's a part of it that I want to share.  Because, if in my sharing I can help others and create more awareness and even more so glorify God. Then my new mission in life will include telling my story of Dysautonomia.  Further understanding living with a chronic illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment